- How do the witches appear?
- What is meant by ‘hurlyburly’?
- Which are the familiars of the three witches?
|Heath Scene @ Polanski's Macbeth|
- How does Malcolm recognize the bleeding captain?
- Give the meaning of ‘kerns’ and ‘gallow glasses’?
- How did Macbeth kill Macdonwald?
- How led the second battle and with whose help?
- What is meant by ‘Golgotha’?
- What do you understand by Bellona’s bride groom?
- What are Macbeth’s first words in the play?
- Who first saw the witches and where?
- Why could the witches not be interpreted as women?
- What is the name of the rebellious general?
- How did the third witch greet Macbeth on the heath?
- “Macbeth: Stay, you imperfect speakers, tell me more:”- Who are the ‘imperfect speakers’? Why are they termed ‘imperfect’?
They are termed ‘imperfect’ because what they say are unintelligible. Macbeth wonders how he can be the Thane of Cawdor because he does not yet know of the Thane’s treachery. As for kingship, that is simply incredible and hence, this reaction.
- What was the witches’ prodhecy to Banquo?
- How did Banquo warn Macbeth against the fulfillment of a part of the prophecy to him?
- How did Banquo explain Macbeth’s absorption in thought?
- What did Banquo say when a part of the prophecy to Macbeth is fulfil.
- “Let not light see my black and deep desires’ -
- Who is declared the prince of Cumberland?
- ‘It is two full of the milk of human kindness. / To catch the nearest way’ – What is the nearest way?
- Comment on Macbeth’s letter and Lady Macbeth’s reply?
- Whom did Lady Macbeth invoke to help her on reading Macbeth’s letter?
- Explain the lines:
It is too full o' the milk of human kindness
To catch the nearest way:
- Who first gave the news of the king’s coming in the castle?
- How does Duncan praise Macbeth’s castle?
- Which is the guest of summer?
- What is meant by ‘coign of vantage’.
- Who says ‘we rest your hermits’ and what did she mean?
- “He is here in double trust” – Who is referred to here? What is the “double trust”?
- With which ‘pity’ is compared by Macbeth?
- What is meant by ‘cat in the adage’?
- How do you know that Lady Macbeth is essentially a women of motherly instinct?
- Why would Macbeth not proceed to murder the king?