- We have to enlist different literary books for multifarious reading because mere text book studies will not be sufficient. So we should try to enlarge the catalogue and it is to be updated regularly. Libraries must issue supplements to list new items that the library has acquired. Few modern libraries continue to publish book catalogs and the school should collect them for better utility. The teachers’ purpose throughout has to be twofold. Firstly, it can be sought to provide able students with definite facts and with help towards a personal appreciation of the texts they read. Our other intention has to be to interest and in some degree to satisfy those ''general readers" who have little or no knowledge of literature.
- It can also be decided to weekly opening of library even during vacations.
- The team work of parents, teachers and the librarian can be chalked out where it can be decided to supply books to the parents. Being Anxious to learn their feedback, we rather implement an environment of studies. However, a minimum cost will be levied from them. The participation of guardians from different social strata on a single platform would empower the school libraries as well.
- Computer connectivity or internet if still is unavailable at the school and digital library can not be accessed there, the students should remain active through other media such as television and radio. They should find interesting literary topics which will be integrated in their studies..
- I think all of my respected readers know the sardar poro (monitorial system) of study. It can be implemented in the Library section too. Elder students should recommend books for their junior students and sometimes they play the part of deputy for them.
- Library books rating can be another initiative. By this rating system we can measure up the taste and tendency of our young readers.
Utility of School Library for English Learning
An English Teacher; M. A.(English) , D. Ed., B. Ed., UGC- NET Qualified
"Dear Readers/ Students, I am a huge fan of books, English Grammar & Literature. I write this blog to instill that passion in you along with the usual strong will of earning some money through selling ad space. I also feel proud to be in 'free' literature learning initiative because it will be more easy to get and find you out there . Already thousand posts written and a few thousand healthy discussions made in this blog. And if you want to contribute in writing or support in money, you're welcome."