Break, Break, Break : a sea elegy written by Lord Tennyson on the death of his university friend Arthur Henry Hallum
The Central Thought of Rabindranath Tagore’s poem: Have you not heard his silent steps? (Gitanjali Songs Offerings No.45)
Critical Appreciation of T. S. Eliot’s Preludes:The Rottenness, the Corruption and Decadence of Contemporary Society
A reddleman is one who sells a red ochre colour to the farmers for redding their sheep. Such a reddleman we find in Hardy’s Novel, The Return of the Native. In fact, Diggory Venn is the real name of the reddleman. He was a dairy farmer by his profession before he became a reddleman. He is now called the “reddleman” because he deals in reddle, a dye used by sheep farmers; as a result of handling it, his clothes, skin, and everything he owns are dyed red, giving him a devilish look. Such a character Venn functions as an image of the traditional rustics of Egdon heath with a philosophic essence of love, faith and natural proximity. According to Hardian precept of fate and morality, he is destined to win the race of life in ultimatum.
Shakespeare’s Tragic Protagonist Macbeth is a Study of the Evil that is in Every Human Heart: Ambition
What is true to the action of a tragedy is also true to the tragic protagonist for according to Aristotle, both must be ‘spondaious’: be brave, noble, and Solemn. The tragic protagonist has neither the unblemished goodness nor the unmitigated villainy. He is to Aristotle, the intermediate kind of personage, a man not preeminently virtuous of just, whose misfortune is brought upon him not by vice but by ‘some error of judgment’. Now we will judge Shakespeare’s Tragic Protagonist Macbeth's character in these perspectives.
- We have to enlist different literary books for multifarious reading because mere text book studies will not be sufficient. So we should try to enlarge the catalogue and it is to be updated regularly. Libraries must issue supplements to list new items that the library has acquired. Few modern libraries continue to publish book catalogs and the school should collect them for better utility. The teachers’ purpose throughout has to be twofold. Firstly, it can be sought to provide able students with definite facts and with help towards a personal appreciation of the texts they read. Our other intention has to be to interest and in some degree to satisfy those ''general readers" who have little or no knowledge of literature.
- It can also be decided to weekly opening of library even during vacations.
- The team work of parents, teachers and the librarian can be chalked out where it can be decided to supply books to the parents. Being Anxious to learn their feedback, we rather implement an environment of studies. However, a minimum cost will be levied from them. The participation of guardians from different social strata on a single platform would empower the school libraries as well.
- Computer connectivity or internet if still is unavailable at the school and digital library can not be accessed there, the students should remain active through other media such as television and radio. They should find interesting literary topics which will be integrated in their studies..
- I think all of my respected readers know the sardar poro (monitorial system) of study. It can be implemented in the Library section too. Elder students should recommend books for their junior students and sometimes they play the part of deputy for them.
- Library books rating can be another initiative. By this rating system we can measure up the taste and tendency of our young readers.
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.”
Sometimes whoever seeks abroad may find
Thee sitting careless on a granary floor,
Thy hair soft-lifted by the winnowing wind;”
Secondly, autumn is personified as a tired reaper who falls asleep drugged by the fragrance of poppy:
Drows'd with the fume of poppies, while thy hook
Spares the next swath and all its twined flowers:”
Thirdly, autumn is imagined as a gleaner on her way home across a brook with load of corns on her head:
Steady thy laden head across a brook;”
Fourthly, autumn is seen as a cider-presser who, seated beside a vat, watches the apple-juice oozing out:
Thou watchest the last oozings hours by hours.”
Think not of them, thou hast thy music too,—“
The insects and animals instinctively understand this and that is why the sounds made by them are marked by apprehension and sadness. The migratory swallows twitter in the skies and telling it plain that winter is heralding in near future.
William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice - A General Introduction to the Play and the Character of Shylock
Was once, too, at the full, and round earth's shore
Antony and Cleopatra Makes No Attempt to Rival the Four Great Tragedies – Macbeth, Hamlet, King Lear, and Othello
An English Teacher; M. A.(English) , D. Ed., B. Ed., UGC- NET Qualified
"Dear Readers/ Students, I am a huge fan of books, English Grammar & Literature. I write this blog to instill that passion in you along with the usual strong will of earning some money through selling ad space. I also feel proud to be in 'free' literature learning initiative because it will be more easy to get and find you out there . Already thousand posts written and a few thousand healthy discussions made in this blog. And if you want to contribute in writing or support in money, you're welcome."