- Describe, in brief, the beauty of the poet’s friend as it is depicted in the sonnet ‘Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day’?
- “The night has been unruly.” – Why does the speaker think that ‘the night has been unruly”? Why do you think that the earth was unruly?
- Why does Louka say she is not ashamed of eavesdropping? (Arms and The Man)
- What techniques have been adopted by Synge to create a supernatural atmosphere in ‘Rider to The Sea’?
- Conflict is the essence of drama. Do you find any conflict in Synge’s ‘Riders to The Sea’?
- How long was Christabel under the influence of Geraldine? What happened after the allotted time was over? (Christabel)
- A heavy weight of hours has chain’d and bow’d one too like thee – tameless, and swift, and proud.” – Whose uttering is this? Describe his present state.
- “When the night is bare...heaven is overflow’d”—Explain the situation imagined by the poet.
- “Like a poet hidden/In the light of thought.”—Explain the simile used by the poet. (To A Skylark)
- What is Shelley’s view of the world’s reaction to the bird’s song? (To A Skylark)
- What picture of Ruth does in ‘Ode to Nightingale’?
- How has Austen used the method of showing characters by contrast in ‘Pride and prejudice’?
- Point out the different between the two different educational institutions where David was sent in his boyhood days. ‘David Copperfield’
- What role does Traddles play in the novel ‘David Copperfield’?
- What is hyperbaton?
- What’s the function of Banaquo in ‘Macbeth’?
type of society is depicted by Jane Austen in ‘Pride and Prejudice’?
- What are the characteristics of Donne’s poetry?
- Where is Tintern Abbey situated? Which poem is composed in memory of ‘Tintern Abbey’?
- Compare Shelley's "Ode to a Skylark" and Wordsworth's "Ode to The Skylark." Ardhendu De
Model Question Paper English Literature Literary Texts: Entrance Examination
An English Teacher; M. A.(English) , D. Ed., B. Ed., UGC- NET Qualified
"Dear Readers/ Students, I am a huge fan of books, English Grammar & Literature. I write this blog to instill that passion in you along with the usual strong will of earning some money through selling ad space. I also feel proud to be in 'free' literature learning initiative because it will be more easy to get and find you out there . Already thousand posts written and a few thousand healthy discussions made in this blog. And if you want to contribute in writing or support in money, you're welcome."