Creative Writing Lesson: How to Write an " Autobiography of River"? Model for Writing Class for EFL Students


      
Writing a Topic Paragraph: I am river Ganga. People call me in different names at different places. You may laugh to hear that I am going to write my autobiography as I have painted an entire history of Aryan race. They have written their autobiographies then why do I not in my own vision?

Building a Storyline: I am the longest river in India covering 2525 km in my course. But it is more than I am a mere river. I am the main stream of this Indian River civilization. I cannot remember the exact date of my birth, but long long ago I found my origin from the top of a high mountain and its glacier. It is the Gongotry glacier at Gaumukh in the Indian Himalayas at 4000 meters above the sea level. Several small streams joined together to form a bigger one. That is how I was born. A famous scientist J.C. Basu wrote a fine article Bhagiratheir utsa sandhane. Thus my water course in the plains is being polluted at present and I am fighting against it incessantly. In some areas the measure of dissolved oxygen is less than for milligrams per liter. There are 48 class-1 towns and 66 class -2 towns on both sides of me. The untreated sewage of all these towns is thrown in to my water. In Kanpur alone, there are seventy industrial units and the effluents of all these units are released in to my body every day. Last but not the least is the throwing of junks. In Benares alone, crore liters of garbage are thrown in my watercourse every day. All these are responsible for the pollution in my life. However, it is fortunate that the Ganga action plan has been formulate by the central Ganga authority to save my life from pollution. And from there I flow towards southeast.

From Time Immemorial: For centuries I provide fertile land on either side for agriculture. I also promote, trade, commerce transport and help the economic, Social and cultural progress of the country of Indo Aryan civilization. After a long journey in the upper area I come down to the lower plains, here I lose my swift current and depth. I become slower and slower, and exhaustion becomes clear on my face I have to carry the scars of human life so much that I fell tired. The fifty loads and rubbish thrown on me from the factories and mills are so nasty in smell that my life becomes intolerable. Trying to detect my origin in an allegorical form. He said I was born out of the bundle of hair of lord shivers head in his abode in the mountain of the Himalayas. I am a restless girl from very birth. I cannot tolerate any hurdle on my path. I flow down from the mountain peak from rock to rock. My current here is very strong. I carry down with me the broken rock and come down to the plains.

Sweet Flow: I am comparatively peaceful when I land on hardware the sacred shrine of lord Shiva people go on pilgrimage and thousands of them have their bath in my holy water there. I hope people will be more conscious of keeping me clean and making themselves gifted from me more and more. Only then my birth will be successful. But I urge my people to be more and more conscious and preserve me thinking as national resource. It they take care of me. I so remain intact as long as the universe will exit.

Calm Resilience:  However, in the last course of my flowing, I find great joy in losing myself in the midst of the greatness and infinity of the sea, i.e. the bay of Bengal. But before that I do my last work of forming some deltas in the mouth of the sea. Finally, I fell in the sea merging my own soul in the broader soul of that great one from whose womb. I had taken my elements of origin in the form of vapor carried by the clouds towards my birthplace. I am feeling myself proud when I think that since long all Indians looked upon me as ‘Ganga Devi’ and my water to be sacred. They performed all rituals with my water. Today I get the some respect. So I am proud of myself.     
                                  
Ardhendu De
Ardhendu De

Comments

  1. Good but the English language used is substandard and needs polishing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop any query, suggestion or comment here.

Recent Posts

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Samuel Johnson's "Preface to Shakespeare": Points to Remember

Dr. West’s New Method of Teaching English :Its Merits and Demerits

Milton's Use of Epic Simile in "Paradise Lost", Book-I