|Image Courtesy: withfriendship|
Wilfred of Ivanhoe, "the disinherited knight," son of Cedric, is the hero He's a knight from a Saxon family recently returned from the Crusades in the Middle East.
- The conflict between the Normans and the Saxons
- The three major settings of the novel: Ashby, Torquilstone, and Templestowe.
- Historical King Richard and Prince John, in constructing Scott’s fictional work
- Contrast Ivanhoe with Brian de Bois-Guilbert
- Ivanhoe’s two heroines: Rowena and Rebecca
- The feudal system and the code of chivalry
BY JOHN. W. COUSIN